5.22.2012

My Love Hate Relationship with Pinterest


Do you ever see something on Pinterest and you secretly don’t want to pin it because you actually want it to be a surprise? I have done that with “teacher” gifts before.  I have a friend who made Christmas gifts with her son to give to his Kindergarten class…I’m sure you’ve seen it by now, the peppermint scented play dough.

Image from The Idea Room

Well she walks in the classroom and her son starts passing out his cute, Pinterest worthy gifts to his friends and the teacher has this look on her face, like…”I’m going to kill you!” She too had made the peppermint play dough to give to her students that day. Needless to say, her son passed Kindergarten but that’s my hate I have with Pinterest. 

I love being inspired by Pinterest. I have redone my entire house all because of one pin. Here’s that famous pin. 
 Image from Blueprint Bliss



That was almost two years ago. Charlie (my husband) better keep me off Pinterest. That’s usually my timeframe for redoing things. This was my latest pin I have in the works. 

Image from Polyvore




As an event stylist, “thinking outside of the box” is necessary. If you’re hiring someone to throw you a party, you don’t want them to throw the same party your friend had. You want it to reflect who you are and you want it to be a one-of-a-kind…something has to stand out and make your guests remember that event. Whether it is the lighting, linens, or their parting gift, it must be unique!
This is something we were inspired by from Pinterest. Our task was to create a custom chandelier that would hang in a large tent for a Country/Chic wedding. 


This was our finished product


So to conclude, the love of Pinterest way exceeds the small piece of hate I have :) I will surely be pinning for a very long time.  

Feel free to follow us on Pinterest here!

Xo Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment